Nonprofit Governance & Corporate Compliance
Nonprofit organizations face many of the same challenges that other businesses face. The difference is that the laws pertaining to nonprofits often require a different approach to these challenges. I have more than 25 years of nonprofit corporate law experience that I use to benefit nonprofit organizations in Monterey, Santa Cruz, Salinas, San Jose, Silicon Valley and the surrounding areas of California.
Virginia provides legal services dealing with nonprofit governance, including:
- Assisting clients with meeting annual reporting obligations to IRS, FTB and California Attorney General
- Assisting clients with preparation and adoption of required policies, including Conflict of Interest Policies, Document Retention Policies and Whistleblower Policies
- Reviewing and updating governance documents, including articles of incorporation, bylaws, and rules governing membership, including dues and membership termination
- Assisting nonprofits with committee formation in compliance with law, including laws governing audit committees
- Assisting membership organization with policies governing membership and membership termination
- Providing advice on fiduciary duty of officers and directors
- Assisting clients with development of investment policies and grant making guidelines
- Assisting clients with conducting meetings of members and directors in compliance with law, including proxy solicitations and actions by written ballot
Contact Me For A Free One-Hour Consultation
To schedule a free consultation with experienced Monterey nonprofit organizations attorney Virginia E. Howard, call me at 1 (831) 373-4131 or send me an email.