Skilled representation to businesses, individuals and nonprofits
Virginia E. Howard
Virginia expanded her practice to real estate transactions when she moved to Aptos and joined Fenton & Keller in 1996. In 2007, she decided to develop a focus on nonprofit organizations and nonprofit compliance to both serve her community and because of her keen interest in this practice area. Virginia provides continuing legal education seminars and board training in the area of nonprofit law and legal compliance.
Virginia received her J.D. from New York University's School of Law in 1987, and her B.A. from Amherst College in 1981. She grew up in New York City where she attended the United Nations International School.
Ms. Howard is a former professor at the Monterey College of Law where she taught Business Organizations and Start-Up Companies. She served on board of directors of Girls, Inc. of the Central Coast for over 6 years and is on the board of directors of Give Me Hope, Inc., a nonprofit supports children's homes and schools in Kenya. She is also a former board member of Monterey County Women Lawyers, the Monterey County Bar Association and Old Monterey Foundation.
- Illinois, 1986
- California, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1987
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1986
- Amherst College
- B.A. - 1981
- Adjunct Professor, Monterey College of Law, Business Organizations, 1995 to 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Monterey County Bar Association
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Fenton & Keller, Head Transactions Practice Group, Monterey, CA, 2002 to 2006
- Vega Vista Inc., a Silicon Valley technology start-up, Vice President and General Counsel, 2001 to 2001
- Kennedy & Archer, Monterey, CA, Associate, 1998 to 2000