I am Virginia E. Howard, a business law attorney with more than 25 years of experience. My clients range from Silicon Valley startups to closely-held family businesses. I serve a wide range of businesses in California from contractors and others in the building trade to restaurant owners and retail clients.
- Business formation — Assisting clients with choosing the best form of business entity for their business, whether it’s an S corporation, a C corporation, a limited liability company or a partnership.
- Startup company advice — For technology startups, Virginia assists founders with formation, capitalization, valuation, restricted stock purchase agreements and stock incentive plans.
- Corporate minutes and resolutions; corporate governance — Assisting clients with the preparation of corporate minutes and resolutions. Providing advice in connection with proxy battles and other corporate governance-related issues, including the fiduciary duty of officers and directors.
- Professional corporations — Assisting attorneys, doctors, dentists, physical therapists and other professionals form professional corporations, and with registration and permitting with the appropriate state regulatory agencies, including the California Medical Board and California Dental Board.
- Buy-sell agreements — Assisting owners of small businesses with succession planning and ensuring the right agreements are in place in the event of death, bankruptcy or divorce of a business partner.
- Contract preparation, review and negotiation — Assisting clients with a wide range of contracts, including employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, website development agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements and product development agreements.
- Business dissolution and termination — Assisting clients with dissolving or otherwise terminating their businesses, including board and shareholder resolutions, notices to creditors and all required governmental filings.
Contact Me For A Free One-Hour Consultation
Contact my law office today online or by telephone at 1 (831) 373-4131 to arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced business law attorney in Monterey.